MONDAY, 10/10 BLUE
8A Field Trip, 8:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Volleyball @ Lanier MS, 5:00 p.m.
Students Report to 1st Period for Attendance
Girls' Basketball Interest Meeting, 7:30 a.m.
POMS Color Fun Run
EARLY DISMISSAL, 1:00 p.m.
Parent Conferences (Must be scheduled in advance with cluster leader)
THURSDAY, 10/13 GREEN
General PTO Meeting, 8:30 a.m.
8B Field Trip, 8:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
District Magnet Tours, 1:00 p.m.
Girls' Basketball Interest Meeting, Gym, 3:45 p.m.
FRIDAY, 10/14 CHARGER
Go Pink! Wear Pink Shirt for Breast Cancer Awareness
8C Field Trip, 8:45 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (MUST BE IN UNIFORM)
Lamar High School Band Night, Delmar, 3:40 p.m.
Regional Orchestra Auditions, Seven Lakes JH, 8:30 a.m.
Band All-City All-Regional Master Class, POMS, 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday's (Extra Funky) Schedule
On Tuesday, students will report to their 1st period class for morning attendance and then will report to ADVO for distribution of Color Run items.
Clusters have organized activities for before and after the Color Run for students. All students will have the opportunity to qualify for the School Spelling Bee with a qualifying pre-bee test. Our 7th and 8th graders will be completing modules on Naviance related to college and career-readiness, as well as completing assignments designed by the cluster teachers for that day.
Please be advised, if you are planning on picking up your child before dismissal at 1:00 p.m. it may take longer than usual. Please plan accordingly.
Color Run Details:
- All students participating in the color run (as a runner/walker, color thrower, or spectator) will change into their gym uniform before going outside. Runners and Color Throwers will receive a special Color Run T-shirt.
- 6th graders will race at approximately 8:45 a.m., 7th graders will race at approximately 9:40 a.m., and 8th graders will race at approximately 10:35 a.m.
- All participants will be able to purchase additional color packets for color fun during the DJ party after the race for just $3.00. Kona Ice will be on-site selling snowcones for an additional fee.
- Spectator participation is still available. Students may purchase spectator bands for $5.00 at lunch on Monday, or before school on the day of the race.
- Students will change back into uniforms after the DJ party and will return to their assigned TEAM Time locations. Dirty uniforms will be bagged and placed in the student's locker to come home on Tuesday. Color will not stain the gym uniform and should wash out without a problem.
- Participation in the color run qualifies as 1 hour of service for students in NJHS.
- Proceeds benefit the multi-purpose fitness track. We are about half way there, but need 100% participation to get us a little closer.
NEW: If your child's report card indicates an INCOMPLETE (INC) in one or more classes, that is the result of missing assignments. The INC allows you to receive notification of the missing assignments, and allows the student to complete the work assigned in the class. Most teachers allow for assignments to be turned in within one week, but please refer to the course syllabus or grading policy for each class. At the end of the period of time identified by the teacher, any assignments still missing will be awarded a zero and the final grade for the reporting cycle will be calculated. It is very important that your child complete the work and submit it to the teacher within the allotted time.
Athletes are not eligible for play if the report card indicates a failing grade or an incomplete (INC). Students with failing grades are ineligible until after the grade check period. Students with passing grades at grade check will be eligible again for play on October 28, 2016. Students with an incomplete (INC) may regain ineligibility sooner. Students must complete the missing assignment(s), after which the teacher will determine a final average and will complete a grade change. After the grade change is processed, the student may regain eligibility. If the missing assignments are not completed and the final average is failing when the grade is calculated, the student will remain ineligible until after the grade check period.
Please also remember, late and missing work may result in adjustments to the conduct grade. The teacher's syllabus or grading policy should explain how late work impacts the conduct grade.
If you have questions about your child's report card, please reach out to the cluster leader to schedule a conference. Teachers may still have conference times available for Tuesday afternoon.
What is Naviance?
Houston ISD has purchased Naviance access for all middle and high school students. Your child will establish an account at school, but will be able to access the information at school and at home.
Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that allows students to explore careers and helps with academic planning. You can learn more about Naviance at https://www.naviance.com/solutions/parents-students
Box Tops Contest!!!!
Our school is participating in the Box Tops for Education™ program. Clipping Box Tops is an easy way for you to help our school buy what it needs. Box Tops are each worth 10¢ and they quickly add up to real cash for our school.
The grade/house that collects the most Box Tops between October 10, 2016 and March 31, 2017 will win a special party in April. Place your Box Tops in a zip lock bag with grade and house clearly marked and drop in the collection box in the front office.
Please check your Box Tops for the expiration date. Only unexpired Box Tops can be submitted and will count toward the contest.